If you’re not in a Christmassy mood yet – these vegan star-shaped cookies will surely help! They are basically traditional shortbread cookies (the recipe I use, has always been vegan), but I added some cocoa powder and chocolate topping!
It’s my first vegan Christmas and I am kind of excited! What are your favourite (vegan) biscuits to make (or eat) for Christmas? Let me know in the comments.
If you try this recipe, please tag me on Instagram @fondofflavour.
Printable recipe below.
In order to make these lovely cookies you will need:
- Rolling pin
- Cookie cutter
- Optional: piping bag and tip
115 g margarine (vegan)
50 g sugar
10 g vanilla sugar
130 g plain flour + extra for dusting the surface
60 g corn starch
1 tbsp cocoapowder
25 g dark chocolate (vegan)
- Cream together margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar until pale.
- Add flour, corn starch and cocoa powder. Then mix until everything is combined well. You should now be able to form a lump of dough.
- Place this in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile dust a flat surface with flour lightly. Also dust your rolling pin and start rolling out the dough until you receive a thickness of about 0.4 mm. Cut out stars (or your preferred shape).
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and leave them to chill in the fridge or a cool place for another 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Bake the biscuits for about 8 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath.
- Use a piping bag or spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of the shortbread!