I love chocolate. However, I’ve never made a (vegan) chocolate tarte before. I was so impressed with my first chocolate tarte. It has a hazelnut crust and it is filled with a dark chocolate and coconut milk mixture. To add another, different taste the tarte is decorated with chopped almonds. Can I emphasise once again that this tart is VEGAN. If it is possible to make a vegan chocolate tarte, they’re really are no limits, right?
If you’re a fan of dark chocolate just like me, I’m sure you will love this tarte.
Loose bottom pie dish (greased)
90 g ground hazelnuts
110 g flour
5 g cocoa powder
100 g margarine
50 g sugar
175 g dark chocolate
150 g coconut milk (refrigerated, full fat)
2 tbsp liquid sweetener (I used agave syrup)
25 g almonds, chopped
5 g ground hazelnuts
- Mix together hazelnuts, flour, margarine and cocoa powder. Once crumbles have formed, add sugar and mix well. Knead the dough with your hands shortly and form a lump. Wrap this in cling film and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- Meanwhile grease the loose bottom pie dish with margarine.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the dough in the middle of the pie dish and spread it towards and up the edges using your hands. Make sure the dough is equally thick everywhere.
- Place a round of parchment paper on top of the dough and fill it with baking beans.
- Bake the pie like this for 15 minutes. Then remove the parchment paper and baking beans and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool down.
- Chop the chocolate roughly and place it in a bowl.
- Remove the lid from your refrigerated coconut milk. Scoop out the non-watery part of the coconut milk – you will need 150g – into a pot and bring this to a boil. As soon as the milk has boiled, pour it over the chopped chocolate and wait for one minute.
- Now you can stir the mixture. The chocolate should have melted my now. Add the liquid sweetener and stir again.
- Immediately pour this into your pie dish. Decorate it with chopped almonds and a little bit of ground hazelnuts. Let it sit for at least one hour in a cool place.