Recently I posted a recipe for a vegan gingerbread-spice cake. There was NO butter, margarine or oil in it at all. I also made these little bundles of cuteness from exactly the same recipe: tiny bundt cakes!
I only used about a third of the recipe, though. I was able to make 6 tiny bundt cakes from this dough. The diameter of my silicon shapes was 7 cm.
In my opinion, these little bundt cakes are such a perfect addition to a cup of hot tea or coffee. The Christmassy spices make them perfect for the cold season coming up.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Baking tray (25cm x 40cm) lined with parchment paper
190 g flour
70 g sugar
1 tsp gingerbread spice
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp cinnamon
5 g cocoa powder
¼ sachet of baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
160 ml almond milk
25 g raspberry jam
½ tbsp apple vinegar
50 g icing sugar
1-2 tbsp almond milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix together flour, sugar, gingerbread spice, cinnamon, ground cloves, cocao powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together jam and almond milk. Add this to the dry ingredients. Mix the dough until everything is combined well.
- Last but not least, add the apple vinegar to the mixture. Mix this in gently, but thoroughly.
- Dust the silicon bundt cake molds with flour lightly. Carefully fill the mixture into the silicon molds.
- Bake the tiny bundt cakes for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once the cakes have cooled down, prepare the icing. Mix together icing sugar and at first just ½ tablespoon of almond milk. If the icing is not runny yet, add more almond milk – half a tablespoon at a time. Drizzle the icing on top of the cake and let it dry.