Christmas is coming closer and closer. It clearly is time for one of the best traditional Christmas biscuits EVER! Is it okay that I have eaten an entire batch already? I just couldn’t resist!
Can you believe that we had the first snow already here in Germany? I am so hoping to finally have a white Christmas again!
The printable recipe is below! Please tag me on Instagram @fondofflavour in case you make these!
Baking tray, lined with parchment paper
Ingredients (30 Vanilla Crescents)
100 g margarine (vegan)
30 g sugar
1 sachet of vanilla sugar
125 g flour
100 g ground almonds
½ tsp locust bean gum
2 sachets of vanilla sugar
20 g sugar
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Cream together margarine, sugar and vanilla sugar until pale.
- Add the ground almonds, flour and locust bean gum and mix until everything is combined well.
- Wrap the lump of dough in cling film and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Now the time intensive part begins: start forming crescents with your hands! In order to this, form a ball in your hands (because I have a light tendency to being a perfectionist, I actually weighed the dough parts and they were 10-12 grams each). Form this into a crescent shaped biscuit and place it onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once all the dough is crescent-shaped and oven ready, bake it for 10 minutes at 175°C.
- Meanwhile, mix together the remaining sugar, vanilla sugar and icing sugar in a bowl.
- As soon as the crescents come out of the oven, top them with the vanilla sugar mixture!